Hurricane Ian: After Storm Resources

Florida Homeowner's Guides from FL Department of Revenue, Property Tax Oversight



Residents are encouraged to report property damage that occurs during Hurricane Ian.

Damage assessment forms are critical for FEMA purposes. They help officials understand the severity and magnitude of damage to property, get assistance, and direct building inspectors to the appropriate areas.



Seminole County residents are now eligible for financial and direct services from FEMA's Individuals and Households Program (IHP) ONLY. You must first file a claim with your insurance company. If you do not have insurance, or if insurance does not cover losses caused by Hurricane Ian, you may apply for FEMA assistance. IHP assistance is not a substitute for insurance and cannot compensate for all losses caused by a disaster. The assistance is intended to meet your basic needs and supplement disaster recovery efforts.

To learn more about eligibility criteria and review what FEMA assistance covers for households and other needs:

To apply for FEMA IHP assistance:

  1. Take photos of your damaged home and belongings.
  2. Make a list of damaged/lost items.
  3. If you have insurance, you must file a claim with your insurance company first.
  4. If you do not have insurance, or insurance does not cover your claim, begin applying for FEMA assistance online, on the FEMA app, by phone, or by mail. For more information, visit the FEMA Individual and Households Program (IHP) website.


Contact Us


The Seminole County Property Appraiser's office is available by telephone, e-mail or at our office in person.

Address: Seminole County Property Appraiser's Office
1101 E. 1st Street
Sanford, FL 32771
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Customer Service: 407-665-7506
Exemption or Fraud Issues: 407-665-7512
image for SCPA facebook link Image for SCPA twitter link

Copyright 2022 © by SCPA | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use